Opening Kick-Off Metting:
Message from the Coordinator:
The RRING Kick-Off meeting was a great success. The group was very diverse, and all interacted well and socially. Thank you again for those that travelled from far away: Andrew Adams (Japan) and Silvia Vilches (US). My sympathies for our Ukrainian Partners and Advisor who could not attend at the last minute due to visa transit problems. Thank you for all who tuned in on Webex and Adobe. Thanks for the persistence in dealing with IT problems.
The main summary outcomes of the two days are:
- Paris meeting July 16 and 17 . This will allow UNESCO to fully integrate with the project, and for the project to determine the global reach that UNESCO will provide for the project.
- It is not determined yet whether this meeting will be Workpackage leaders only , or include all partners.
- Coordinator will arrange 2 to 3 meetings with Workpack leaders prior to the Paris meeting to finalise parameters and methods.
- Gender symposium has been suggested by Uduak Archibong (Uni of Bradford) and Caitriona Ni Laoire (UCC) and welcomed as an additional part of the project scope and events. Details to be discussed.
- Advisory board is keen to take an active role in the project. Details to be finalised.
- Subcontracts for US and India are almost ready to go on E-Tender.
- China subcontract to be issued soon.
- Journalist E-Tender published.
- The consortium are close to agreeing that there should be multitude of small contracts from Africa and Asia. Details to be finalised
- First steering committee meeting via Skype for all partners is proposed to be on last Tuesday of the month. For May, will be May 29. To be finalised.